Coronaviruset och covid-19: Nya skärpta nationella föreskrifter för att bryta den ökade smittspridningen Läs mer om covid-19 och coronaviruset och hur Örnsköldsviks kommun hanterar coronapandemin.


In the home

If you are planning on building your own home, or building something on your land, you will in most cases need permission from the Municipality; this permission is known as a building permit. You must apply to the Urban Planning Office for the building permit. Please call the Municipal Contact centre at +46(0)660-880 00 and they will help put you in touch with the person in charge of the area in which you live.

Water and sewage
In Sweden, you can drink water straight from the tap. Most households are connected to the municipal water and sewage networks. The municipal company Miva is in charge of the water, sewage and waste management in Örnsköldsvik. You can reach Miva's customer service at: +46(0)660-330 400
or via e-mail at:

If you have your own well, you will be responsible for ensuring that the water quality and the drain outlets are approved. If you have any questions regarding your own water or sewage, you can contact the Municipality's Urban Planning Office. The Municipal Contact centre at +46(0)660-880 00 will help you reach the right person.

Home-owners place their refuse in their own bins and pay the Municipality to collect and dispose of it. By recycling the refuse and dropping the waste off at a recycling station, you can reduce the amount of waste. By so doing, you can reduce the fee you pay.

If you live in an apartment, you must dispose of your waste in the communal waste shed, and you must sort the different materials separately. You can drop off bulky waste such as discarded furniture, electronic equipment, chemical and garden waste free of charge at the Må recycling station. Må is situated close to town and is open six days a week. There are also recyclig stations in Bjästa, Bredbyn, Börna and Husum. They are open one day each week.


Sidan uppdaterades